Most badminton players desire to possess badminton rackets that are durable for all kinds of game style. More so, hardly will you see an experienced player in the game of badminton finding it challenging to purchase and master the use of such rackets.
With the expansion in the grades and types of badminton rackets released by Yonex, it is certain that the performance of the brand’s rackets also improves significantly.
Yonex Voltric 10DG is another racket in the DG series for players who desire to stay on top of their games. It is called DG (Durable Grade) because of the construction of its frame, which is designed for durability and agility.
Arguably, this is Yonex most durable badminton racket on the market, and it’s structured in a way to crush down your opponent’s defence. Yonex Voltric 10DG allow up to 35 lbs. of string tension which is the first of its kind.
The racket features the Tri-Voltage System which successfully combines the contrasting characteristics of exceptional power and great handling. More so, it features a compact frame construction that provides fast swing and head heavy balance which reduces drag caused by air resistance.
Yonex Voltric 10DG badminton racket is going to be a good choice for you if you place much value more on swiftness and power.
|Weight:||3U(85g – 90g)|
Yonex Voltric 10DG is another badminton racket from the famous Japanese badminton manufacturer. With its very aggressive looking design with matte finish painting, the racket showcases innovative features that are jointly attributed to other Yonex badminton rackets in the Voltric Durable Grade series.
With a 3U weight classification, this badminton racket averagely weighs 88 grams. It also features a grip size between G4-G5. It is noteworthy that the weight and the grip come almost in the same form with other outstanding badminton rackets that Yonex is known for.
Yonex Voltric 10DG features a Head Heavy Balance. This particular feature contributes significantly to the racket’s ability to deliver heavy smashes without compromising natural swinging and control.
About the flex of the shaft, the badminton racket features a very stiff shaft. Therefore, unprofessional players who haven’t accurately mastered the techniques of badminton might find the racket challenging to use, and this makes the racket better recommended for advanced players.
Players are advised to string the badminton racket appropriately for it to function as desired. Ideally, the tension should be 24-30 lbs. for a 3U weight classification, however, Yonex Voltric 10DG allows a max tension of up to 35 lbs.
The badminton racket comes in a gold colour and features an H.M Graphite/ Ultra HMG/ Tungsten frame and an H.M Graphite shaft. With such frame and shaft components, Voltric 10DG is comfortable for natural swinging and manipulation of the racket.
Highlighted below are some of the advantages the Yonex Voltric 10DG badminton racket has over other badminton rackets in the market.
- Advanced Technology: Voltric 10DG features advanced technology in its construction. Some of these innovative technologies include the Tri-Voltage System, Tri-iBumper, Built-in T-joint, and a control support cap.
- Excellent Speed: Both users and even the manufacturers have emphasized this particular advantage. Although it is quite head heavy, you will find it is easy to swing and manipulate for timely reactions.
- Heavy and Powerful Smashes: as exciting as smashes are, there is just a thin line between winning and losing. However, Voltric 10DG offers very great shots and powerful smashes. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best rackets out there for aggressive players who enjoy shocking their opponents with dangerous smashes. Moreover, the heavy head balance provides more power every time the shuttle lands on the net.
- Extraordinary stability– The reason for this exceptional stability is the large sweet spot. It has a substantial feel, and it remains stable throughout the game. Off-centred shots are less likely to be hit. Maneuvering the racket is easy. This is because although the head is massive, the other parts are kept as lightweight as possible.
Below are some of the apparent disadvantages of Yonex Voltric 10DG badminton racket.
- Difficult to control by unprofessional players: for beginners in badminton, the racket is extremely beyond your league, and it will be too difficult for you to control. The stiffness of the flex contributes mostly to the difficulty experienced by a novice in controlling the racket in the court. Voltric 10DG features high-end technicalities makes it mainly recommended for intermediate to advanced players.
- Difficulty in Stringing: The tension may not be easily adjustable from the recommended tension, as it could break the frame and one may lose the manufacturer’s warranty.
Feature & Benefits
Yonex Voltric 10DG is designed uniquely with fantastic technology that makes it offer an “All-round” performance for badminton players. Some of these unique features include:
Compared to other rackets, including previous Yonex rackets, this particular racket has a Tri-Voltage system. This feature successfully combines the contrasting characteristics of exceptional power and great handling. The head heavy balance enables much more powerful smashes and strong sounding without compromising fast speed. This is the first time a Yonex racket will be delivering both speed and power excellently.
Built-in T joint
With this unique feature, Yonex Voltric 10DG features high-end stability. The built-in T joint, that is, the joint area of the racket frame and shaft used in its construction is the latest development that ensures better stability, flexibility, and repulsion.
Isometric head shape
Voltric 10DG features an isometric head shape. The head shape creates a larger sweet spot in all directions and hence makes it easier for you to improve your accuracy and powerful shots. This isometric head shape structure is better compared to the oval-shaped head.
Control Support Cap
Yonex Voltric 10DG features a control support cap. The control cap provides a wider flat surface compared with an ordinary racket, and it brings about natural gripping, fast follow-through, and the sharpest manipulation.
The Yonex Voltric 10DG is a racket designed for players with an aggressive style of play. The badminton racket comes with unique features that enable easy control and manipulation.
The racket is a choicest racket that will deliver exceptional performance for you if you have already mastered the techniques of badminton.
Therefore, if you value the features that come with this racket, you should consider going for it.